XNinja RoleplayX
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Just Like Brothers
Just Like Brothers EmptyTue Nov 23, 2010 1:52 pm by LadyKura

» Chris Hoshigaki
Just Like Brothers EmptySun Oct 10, 2010 9:07 pm by Kouzai

» Kouzai Gokai (WIP)
Just Like Brothers EmptySat Oct 09, 2010 7:00 am by LadyKura

» Azami Takishima.
Just Like Brothers EmptyFri Oct 08, 2010 4:56 pm by Ayano Kozai

» Popular Girl.
Just Like Brothers EmptyFri Oct 08, 2010 4:53 pm by Ayano Kozai

» Rain Kurururgi (ONCE AGAIN)
Just Like Brothers EmptyThu Oct 07, 2010 7:14 pm by Sia Azami.

» Kozai Clan Strong hold
Just Like Brothers EmptyWed Oct 06, 2010 6:17 pm by Ayano Kozai

» Darren Kurururgi
Just Like Brothers EmptyWed Oct 06, 2010 5:45 pm by Sia Azami.

» Kyoko Mizuno
Just Like Brothers EmptyWed Oct 06, 2010 10:36 am by Kyoko

Just Like Brothers

2 posters

Go down

Just Like Brothers Empty Just Like Brothers

Post by Kouzai Fri Oct 08, 2010 7:21 pm

I sit suspended in my large mechanical chair as the chair walks over to the window. I look down at the street...where was my cousin? Where was Darren? He agreed to come by and visit....the two of us have been brothers since birth, even when I became the new Sage of Six Paths...and ended up emaciated in the chair, our bond was tight as ever. I sigh and break out in a coughing fit, blood pours from the corner of my mouth, I can see my Six Paths out on their mission...if I over did it like last time it could mean hospitalization again.

Kouzai
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Just Like Brothers Empty Re: Just Like Brothers

Post by LadyKura Fri Oct 08, 2010 9:02 pm

- ☾DARREN KURURURGI☽ -
Darren entered the aprartment cautiously, careful not to startle his cousin. His mood was dark, and he felt that he needed his cousin's company. They didn't have to talk. Didn't have to do anything. They just had that affect on each other.

"'Sup," he greeted, placing a collection of groceries on the table. He often supplied Kouzai with anything needed to keep him alive and comfortable. The Clan's council took little care of his needs; he was weak and spent. Darren, however, felt that Kouzai was a very special asset to the Clan. He had wisdom and talent. Moreover, he was rather cool and enigmatic.

Even though Darren had known him his entire life.

"How do you feel?" he asked, noticing the blood on his cousin's lips. "Need anything?'
LadyKura
LadyKura
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kouzai Fri Oct 08, 2010 9:06 pm

Kouzai closed his eyes and put his hands together, sweat running down his temple, he whispered the words Shinra Tensei. He coughed again, he looked up "I'm fine...honest" he said "The groceries you brought should-GAH!....be..enough..." Kouzai could see the worry on his cousins face "Well I'm not the best yes...but I'll manage..." he said.

Kouzai
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyKura Fri Oct 08, 2010 9:35 pm

((OOC: What happened to the site? D=))

- ☾DARREN KURURURGI☽ -
Darren shook his head. "Can you even eat?" he asked, drawing a chair up in front of his relative. He was quiet for a moment, listening to Kouzai's wheezing, sputtering breath. The man was exhausted even though he likely hadn't moved all day. Just the strain of staying alive was a burden on his body. His mind. His soul.

Darren reclined on the chair, eyes distant. "There is much to do," he said. "So, so much. Bro, how did you handle it all?"

LadyKura
LadyKura
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kouzai Sat Oct 09, 2010 4:53 am

"I told you, I manage" he said out of breath "It takes alot of willpower though...I will admit" Kouzai coughed again, he sat there suspended and heaving "But hey...I can't let a little strain beat me can I?" he asked his cousin.

Kouzai
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyKura Sat Oct 09, 2010 7:11 am

((OOC: Okay, it's fixed. Whew!))

- ☾DARREN KURURURGI☽ -
Darren nodded, approval evident in his eyes. Obviously his cousin was in great pain, but somehow he managed to push forward, brush it off even. He was definitely a strong leader, a quality Darren quietly acclaimed. Weakness disgusted him.

"I am scheduled for another mission in about a month," Darren informed, a flinty sound lacing his voice. "I seem to be having to kill more often, lately."

A secret was tucked underneath that sentence, one Kouzai ought to know. Darren did not have a problem with killing the enemy, but that method was usually infrequent and even false alarm.

Most of the times the homicides occured, it was because of assassins. After him, and after Sia as well.
LadyKura
LadyKura
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kouzai Sat Oct 09, 2010 3:13 pm

Kouzai gave a large bursting cough, even though he did his best to hold it in, he double over hacking up blood. Out of breath he stayed doubled over, he was breathing hard. He quickly stood up and forced his hands together "Gedo Mazo!" he roared, he could hear a scream in his mind. Suddenly the bones around his face seemed to bulge out more, his skin seemed to shrink, the Gedo Mazo was draining the remanants of his strength and energy, it emaciated him further but what choice did he have.

Kouzai
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyKura Sat Oct 09, 2010 4:14 pm

- ☾DARREN KURURURGI☽ -
Darren waited out the fit, used to his cousin's condition. Before Kouzai had become leader, he had been young and youthful like Darren. Now the boy looked ancient, his skin a certain shade of gray and his eyes inhuman and lifeless.

He did not have that much time left.

"Do you really have to do this?" Darren asked. "I mean, can't they find someone else?"

He had asked the question a thousand times and each time recieved the same answer. Still, Darren couldn't help to ask; perhaps someday Kouzai'd be pained enough to comply with the idea somehow.

LadyKura
LadyKura
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kouzai Sat Oct 09, 2010 4:17 pm

"Because as the last remaining member of my clan, it is my duty to revive it" he said strongly and firmly, despite his fatigue and pain. He coughed a bit, bloo hitting the floor. He smiled sligthly "It seems the mission is complete.....happy now? The Paths can rest and so can I" he told his cousin.

Kouzai
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyKura Sat Oct 09, 2010 5:28 pm

- ☾DARREN KURURURGI☽ -
Darren gave a heavy sigh but said nothing else. "So, can you eat or not?" he asked, standing. "I figure you'd be pretty hungry after ... these episodes."
LadyKura
LadyKura
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kouzai Sat Oct 09, 2010 7:01 pm

Kouzai sighed as the mechanical chair walked towards the table. He reached out for food and took a piece of bread taking a big bite "I suppose food can't hurt" he said.

Kouzai
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyKura Sun Oct 10, 2010 5:57 pm

- ☾DARREN KURURURGI☽ -
Darren got out of his seat and chose a particularly shadowy corner to lean into. He cursed as he felt that strange tiredness again, pulling at his limbs and making him drag his feet. Exhaustion pulled at him once he finally got to relax again. Crossing his arms, he watched his cousin with unreadable eyes. However, when he spoke, a hint of emotion was detected under his usually cold tone. "How ... how much time do you have left?" he asked.
LadyKura
LadyKura
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kouzai Sun Oct 10, 2010 9:12 pm

Kouzai sighed and took another bite "I can make it another couple years...as long as I don't over use the Gedo and my paths....but knowing me....I'd say 6 months.....maybe a year if I push myself" he said.

Kouzai
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyKura Thu Nov 04, 2010 11:17 am

- ☾DARREN KURURURGI☽ -
Darren frowned. He did not like the sound of that. "Well, you must live," he told him, a spark of finality lacing his tone. He didn't want to hear this talk. "Only fools die so easily."

He set a pot of water on the stove, turning on the fire until the water was hot. He then chopped some vegetables in it, inhaling the earthy scent. He set a few pieces of bread aside to bake into toast. After a moment, he added herbs to the mix, intent on keeping his cousin as healthy as possible, despite it's strong, peppermint smell.

"It'll be ready in some minutes," he announced, lying a few scraps of bread on a pan and sticking it in the oven. The heat from the cooking warmed the room, breaking it out of its icy feel. Darren cursed inwardly.

"Shouldn't you have some kind of caretaker for all this?" he bit out. "I'm tired to coming back between missions to find you half dead of hunger and cold."

LadyKura
LadyKura
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kouzai Thu Nov 04, 2010 11:39 am

"I don't need a caretaker....and I don't need you coming here to nag me....for once can you come here...and visit me because you miss me?" he said "I don't need pity...and I don't need a lecture..and if that's why you came here...don't bother."

Kouzai
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyKura Thu Nov 04, 2010 11:51 am

- ☾DARREN KURURURGI☽ -
Darren scoffed. "Cut that out. You sound like a child. And of course I miss you. If my only concern was whether you have enough warmth and food, I wouldn't have come myself. You know I usually dislike being 'bothered' with these things. You aren't a bother to me, however. You are a valuable asset to my life."

He sat down in his chair again, facing Kouzai and looking him in his eyes. "Let's not talk about business and pain," he said. "Let's talk about good times. Do you remember how each day, before training, you and I would hide in the woods, just to piss our instructors off?"
LadyKura
LadyKura
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kouzai Thu Nov 04, 2010 11:56 am

"Yeah..." said Kouzai looking off out the window "Remember when we graduated...how we were given our first weapons...a sword for you...a kunai for me...a few days later I awakened my Rinnegan..." The large mechanical chair walked over to the window, Kouzai sighed "I wish I had known not to make paths....before I got this thing...otherwise I could've kept the power.....and not have to die like this...."

Kouzai
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyKura Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:28 pm

- ☾DARREN KURURURGI☽ -
"You're not going to die anytime soon," Darren said, frowning with only a bit of irritance. "And when it happens, like Hell it's going to be like this." He enunciated his point with a few glances around the room. When the time came ... he was going to be happy. Surrounded by the people he loved.

A secret throbbed deep within Darren, one he both denied and kept to himself. He was silent for a moment, every bone in his body attempting to force him to tell. Tell the person he trusted most out of everyone in the world.Tell him even though it went against every aspect of his training and moral code.

But Darren stifled it, however painful it was.

"Cousin," he prompted. "Are you afraid of Death?"
LadyKura
LadyKura
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kouzai Mon Nov 08, 2010 3:03 pm

"If I was" he said turning around with a cough "I wouldn't push myself as hard or as far as I do...why? Are you?"

Kouzai
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyKura Thu Nov 11, 2010 12:00 am

- ☾DARREN KURURURGI☽ -
The youth made a noncommital sound. "In my opinion, it is a hinderance. A waste. Of everything you have built up over the years to be an asset to your Clan is lost once you breathe your final breath." He shook his head, a kind of annoyance settling over him.

He smiled faintly to himself. "It seems I've talked to time away. Your dinner is almost ready."

Last edited by LadyKura on Sat Nov 13, 2010 6:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
LadyKura
LadyKura
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kouzai Thu Nov 11, 2010 4:26 am

Kouzai looked at his cousin and sighed "You're insane, Darren.....truly insane" he said "And I think now you've finally passed the point of no return." Kouzai gave a small cough, as the mehcnical chair that supported his life walked him over to the table.

Kouzai
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyKura Fri Nov 19, 2010 3:08 pm

- ☾DARREN KURURURGI☽ -
Darren merely shrugged at this notion, eyes wandering to where the broth broiled over the stove. "If I am insane, then you must already be a lunatic." Darren scoffed in his own playful way.

He took the pot and tilted some of the mixture in a bowl. Then he reached into the bag and pulled out a red-yellow piece of fruit, chopped it, and handed both that and the stew to his longtime friend.

"You," he began. "Must eat all of it."
LadyKura
LadyKura
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kouzai Fri Nov 19, 2010 3:13 pm

"Ugh..." groaned Kouzai, his long red hair falling into his face, sweat pouring down his temple "Do I have to? I'm not all that hungry....look at me. I'm skin and bone, I don't have much room left for food."

Kouzai
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyKura Tue Nov 23, 2010 1:52 pm

- ☾DARREN KURURURGI☽ -
Darren's brow twitched. "Fine then," he lamented, setting the food back on the table. "Don't eat, and stay that way."

He appraised Kouzai. "Do you think starving yourself is going to help? Only a weakling gives up without trying."
LadyKura
LadyKura
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum